Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Trending Thursdays: Black and White



















The black and white trend has been hot this summer and it will be just as hot in the fall. The great thing about this trend is the timeless aspect of a great black and white outfit. Even after the populatrity of this trend trickles away, you can still wear a black and white piece while looking fashionable. Black and white dresses, for example, usually carry a classic and classy vibe to them in my opinion. If you want to try out this trend without fully committing then I suggest pairing black and white separates like on the examples above. A white top paired with black bottoms (or vice versa) is a great way to participate in this trend. For those who are in love with this trend, like me, buying a black and white item can be fun to work with.

This black and white skirt caught my attention right away. About 1/3 of the skirt is white and it has a fun slit on the left side. I love this skirt because it also took advantage of the sheer trend. There are many similar black and white bottom options in most stores. The easy way to wear this kind of item is to pair it with a black or white top. Instead of sticking with a monochrome outfit, I wanted to wear a pop of color with my shirt. I chose this strong blue and paired the outfit with some summery black wedges. A pop of color is definitely an adventurous way to play with this trend and I was reluctant at first to try it but I loved it. Remember to chose pieces that flatter your body type so that you feel comfortable and confident in your outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment